Thursday, April 29, 2004

I'm feeling lazy

Yesterday Helen and I went to the Knesset (the Israeli government building) for the English-language tour. It was actually quite interesting, learning how everything goes on there, where everyone sits, etc. We saw the Israeli declaration of independence (written on parchment like the Torah), and learned why Israel has no constitution (nobody could agree on anything). Afterwards we went to the Israeli National Library, where we saw ancient Torah manuscripts and a special exhibit on Einstein, but where we couldn't find a single book. Apparently, there are thousands upon thousands and myriads upon myriads, but you don't browse through them yourself. You find them on a computer, submit the info, and in an hour, someone emerges from the bowels of the building with all your books. Fascinating.

Other than that, I haven't been doing too much. I'm kind of in one of those states where I want to cease to exist for a while. I get that way sometimes--just kind lof tired of being alive. I don't mean that all morbidly; it's just that on certain days I'm very aware that I have this many hours to pass before I can go to sleep. All this time, and I must figure out something to do to make it go faster. This happens to me every few months. But it will pass soon.

2 comments:

nicki said...

dear beccy this is nicki i hope you got my e-mail that i sent you.Well i heard you were sick so i hope you feel better.i have fever so were =.well actully my mom just told me that we don't have school in july so you will not be able to come.Sorry! nicki

nicki said...

dear beccy this is nicki i hope you got my e-mail that i sent you.Well i heard you were sick so i hope you feel better.i have fever so were =.well actully my mom just told me that we don't have school in july so you will not be able to come.Sorry! nicki