Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Change of plans

So I'm not in Patagonia after all. I spoke with my Dad yesterday, and my grandpa is in a really bad way. They've admitted him to the hospital, and no one can say either way how it's going to go. He stopped responding to chemo, and is really weak. He might turn a corner and be okay, but then again he might not. Needless to say, I'm not going to risk it. I'm trying desperately to get home. After all, Argentina will always be here. The first confirmed flight I could get was on December 6th, waaaaay too far away. I'm on standby for a flight to Newark tomorrow in the middle of the night. If I make it, I'll be in New York for a day or two to collect my things, and then on home to Cleveland. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetheart,
I am so sorry to hear that your grandpa is not doing well. I hope that you will get an early flight to be with him! Give him the pictures from our visit if you haven't done so already...
Pass my dearest regards to him and your family!
Love you,
Luise

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry- I hope everything turns out alright. Best of luck getting the earliest flight and all my love to your family.

Jessi