Thursday, April 01, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I had far too much fun in Denver. It was an exhausting, food-filled, wonderful time with my sisters in a city that had more sun in a week than Cleveland gets all spring. I am only now beginning to recover.

One thing I recommend avoiding if possible: Wait, no, two things: One, traveling alone with an extremely active eleven-month-old. We made it to the gate just as they were making the final boarding call (I had to run the entire length of the concourse while pushing a stroller with one hand and dragging my carry-on, because I refuse to pay the f*cking airlines to check a bag). We are the last ones on the plane, only to be told that the pilot has to file some "paperwork." We sat at the gate for over an hour. Now distracting Jack for four hours, as he desperately tries to pull the hair of the passenger in front of me, pull things from the bag of the passenger beside me, and crawl furiously up the aisle while I chase him, this is not so fun. Not recommended. Number two on the not recommended list, is flying home on the afternoon of Pesach (Passover) when you have to prepare the seder that evening. I managed it, somehow, and thankfully it was just David, me, and my parents, but Wow. The Stress. Not recommended. Still, I produced, with my father's help, a halfway decent meal and set, with my mother's help, a halfway decent table:


So while I don't recommend you engage in my folly, it did turn out all right in the end. Now let me leave you with a few choice scenes from Denver:

My sisters have dinner parties, like, every night.




We went to the zoo!




And celebrated my nephew's second birthday:


But mostly just did fun sister things:

3 comments:

Marie-Ève said...

Glad you had a great time (except for the plane thing)! This last picture is simply priceless. And seeing Jack standing up made me feel like argh, he's all grown up now!

As you know I am wildly curious about the Jewish rituals; they just seem so "exotic" to me and have the appeal of things that have been traditionally done for millenia. So I blew up the picture of the seder and tried to figure out what it was: the matzo I get, then there are eggs, and parsley... But I don't know anything about the rest, uncultured me :-( So I'm going to look it up right now.

I love your high chair by the way.

mrs.notouching said...

I wish I had sisters... and I will never travel with Leila alone. Ever. Well, maybe when she is 25.

krista said...

another good lesson:
swim diapers are not an adequate substitute for regular diapers when on an airplane. i, unfortunately, learned this the hard way.