Thursday, March 04, 2004

First Week

The first week of school is over, and I'm exhausted. I've taken on another heavy schedule, and am still dealing with some of last semester's work, so I've been either in class or in the library for most of the week. It's a good feeling though--I get so much more done when I'm busy.

The courses I'm taking this semester include Early Christianity and the World of Late Antiquity; Early Jewish and Christian Interperatation of the Bible; Godfearers and Judaizers: The Problem of Boundaries in Early Judaism and Christianity; and Maimonedes' Guide for the Perplexed. I am also continuing my Islam tutorial, for which I will be writing a seminar paper on either Islamic philosophy in the 10th through 12th centuries, or asceticism in Mystical Islam, as well as Hebrew and Arabic. It all seems a bit daunting, but it's really exciting as well. My intellectual curiousity is piqued anew.

Tonight it's over to Ksenia and Helen's for dinner, and then tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'm off to see the much-disputed separation fence

No comments: